Re: Opterons and the NX flag.

Sorry to be the guy that replys  to himself, however i look at some
kernel source and found how to turn on the noexec stuff....

looks like noexec=on for 64 bit stuff, noexec32=on for the 32 bit stuff.
i guess the 32 bit stuff has some flexibility as shown by the following
comment

/* noexec32=opt{,opt}
Control the no exec default for 32bit processes. Can be also overwritten
per executable using ELF header flags (e.g. needed for the X server)
Requires noexec=on or noexec=noforce to be effective.

Valid options:
   all,on    Heap,stack,data is non executable.
   off       (default) Heap,stack,data is executable
   stack     Stack is non executable, heap/data is.
   force     Don't imply PROT_EXEC for PROT_READ
   compat    (default) Imply PROT_EXEC for PROT_READ
*/

still, has anyone played with this?
best
patrick