nvidia but no glx

I want to install the newest nvidia-drivers
and found some help with a mail telling about to install some libaries
to /lib32, therefore I installed the ia32-libs its not the right I guess.
how to get this lib32 directory?

could someone give me an explanation about how to install the newest
nvidia-drivers?

install log from installer:
> Installing 'NVIDIA Accelerated Graphics Driver for Linux-x86_64'
   (1.0-6111):
ERROR: Unable to determine properties for file
       '/usr/X11R6/lib64/modules/extensions/libglx.a' (No such file or
       directory).
-> The installer has encountered the following error during installation:
'Cann
   ot backup /usr/X11R6/lib64/modules/extensions/libglx.a'.  Continue anyway?
(
   "no" will abort)? (Answer: Yes)
ERROR: Unable to determine properties for file
       '/usr/X11R6/lib64/modules/extensions/libGLcore.a' (No such file or
       directory).
-> The installer has encountered the following error during installation:
'Cann
   ot backup /usr/X11R6/lib64/modules/extensions/libGLcore.a'.  Continue
anyway
   ? ("no" will abort)? (Answer: Yes)
ERROR: Unable to determine properties for file '/usr/lib64/libGL.so.1' (No
such
       file or directory).
-> The installer has encountered the following error during installation:
'Cann
   ot backup /usr/lib64/libGL.so.1'.  Continue anyway? ("no" will abort)?
(Answ
   er: Yes)
ERROR: Unable to determine properties for file '/usr/lib64/libGL.so' (No such
       file or directory).
-> The installer has encountered the following error during installation:
'Cann
   ot backup /usr/lib64/libGL.so'.  Continue anyway? ("no" will abort)?
(Answer
   : Yes)
-> The installer has encountered the following error during installation:
'Cann
   ot create symlink /usr/lib/libGL.so.1 (File exists)'.  Continue anyway?
("no
   " will abort)? (Answer: Yes)
-> The installer has encountered the following error during installation:
'Cann
   ot create symlink /usr/lib/libGL.so (File exists)'.  Continue anyway? ("no"
   will abort)? (Answer: Yes)
-> The installer has encountered the following error during installation:
'Cann
   ot create symlink /usr/lib/libGLcore.so.1 (File exists)'.  Continue anyway?
   ("no" will abort)? (Answer: Yes)
-> The installer has encountered the following error during installation:
'Cann
   ot create symlink /usr/lib/libnvidia-tls.so.1 (File exists)'.  Continue
anyw
   ay? ("no" will abort)? (Answer: Yes)
   executing: './usr/src/nv/makedevices.sh'...
   Architecture-specific modutils configuration not found, using defaults....

thank you

andree