Re: Install attempt - 2 problems

Don Hayward <don@pomobuli.net> writes:

   > > 2) I'm trying to install the system on SATA drives.  They don't appear
   > > in the partioning menu.  I've been trying to follow the threads on
   >
   > I have the same board.
   > I never got the siimage driver working with the 3114 chipset, however the
   > sata_sil driver does work.
   >
   > Paul

   Thanks Paul. I also tried with the previous netinst image wich
   contained the sata_sil driver, but the response was like 'conflicting
   symbols' and no change.  Exactly what were the steps you used to make
   it work?

I used an sarge d-i cd (thats 32bit debian) with an Tyan Thunder
K8S Pro board, which also contains the Sil3114. I had the same
problem: the sata disk does not show up in the partition menu.
For me the following worked:

When the partition menu shows up switch to the second console
Ctrl-Alt-F2. There doe modprobe sata_sil. Then switch back to
console one. Quit the partition menu and go back to the main
menu. Do autodetect hardware again. Afterwards the sata disk was
available for partitioning.

Bye,

Hendrik