Re: Loader Magic

On Tue, 13 Jan 2004, Jerry Haltom wrote:

> So, which is default on a AMD64 machine? For my machine, I consider 64
> bit default and 32 bit legacy. :)

according to the standard document, 32 bit libraries are
default, due to their better memory efficiency for most uses.  64-bit
libraries are used for selected binaries which require large address
space support (i.e., probably not 'ls' or 'diff'.)
 --scott

[this is all at http://www.linuxbase.org and http://www.pathname.com/fhs/
 see in particular
    http://www.pathname.com/fhs/2.2/fhs-3.10.html
 and
    http://www.samba.org/~cyeoh/fhs-2.3-beta.pdf
 page 42.]

counter-intelligence spy Justice explosives NRA Columbia RNC jihad
kibo anthrax Shoal Bay Sigint Hawk blowfish Sugar Grove algorithm
                         ( http://cscott.net/ )