Re: AMD64 64bit vs 32bit speed increase

On Sat, 14 Feb 2004, Paul Brook wrote:

> -msse2 -mfpmath=sse2. It's possible that oggenc also has custom sse based
> routines which are not enabled when compiled for i386 (the default x86 debian
> arch).

I looked for these, but could not find any.  I think the differences in
floating-point code generation are most likely responsible.
 --scott

affinity group Flintlock LA Bush NORAD interception blowfish Waco, Texas
DES supercomputer Castro Honduras KGB explosion NSA East Timor Ft. Meade
                         ( http://cscott.net/ )