Re: unbreaking LibreOffices tests on at least release architectures

On June 18, 2023 11:37:55 PM GMT+02:00, Rob Landley <rob@landley.net> wrote:
>On 6/18/23 14:58, Rene Engelhard wrote:
>>> Three years ago Samba maintainer Jeremy Allison lamented that "Both GPLv3 and
>>> the AGPL have been rejected soundly by most developers" and talked about how he
>>> regretted the move and the damage it had done to the project,
>>> https://archive.org/details/copyleftconf2020-allison
>>
>> Can we please talk about the actual issue at and - that is not the license.
>
>The issue is the number of developers engaging with this package have declined
>to the point problems have gone unnoticed and unfixed for a long time.
>
>>> How long has the problem you're treating as a crisis been brewing?
>>
>> Far too long, as I said it was swept under

I have a hard time understanding what you're trying to say. Do you think Debian doesn't have any developers/porters anymore? Or maybe that they're not actually using it for a desktop, and so the package isn't actually useful to anybody?

Kurt