Small problem creating buildd chroot with debootstrap

Michael,

After some disk shuffling on one of the buildd's I hit the following
when rebuilding the chroot with debootstrap:

# debootstrap --variant=buildd sid /srv/chroot/sid http://ports.debian.net/debian
... lots of messages ...
I: Configuring libdpkg-perl...
I: Configuring dpkg-dev...
W: Failure while configuring base packages.
W: Failure while configuring base packages.
W: Failure while configuring base packages.
W: Failure while configuring base packages.
W: Failure while configuring base packages.

I was still able to schroot into the chroot.  I found the following
sources.list file:

deb http://debootstrap.invalid/ sid main

Which I replaced with:

deb http://ftp.debian-ports.org/debian sid main
deb http://ftp.debian-ports.org/debian unreleased main
deb-src http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian sid main
deb http://incoming.debian-ports.org/buildd sid main
deb-src http://incoming.debian-ports.org/buildd sid main

Then I ran:

apt-get update
apt-get -f install

And the packages there were remaining to process were:

 cpp-4.6 g++-4.6 gcc-4.6 gcc-4.6-base libgcc1 libgomp1 libstdc++6
 libstdc++6-4.6-dev
Suggested packages:
 gcc-4.6-locales gcc-4.6-doc libstdc++6-4.6-dbg libmudflap0-4.6-dev
 libgcc1-dbg libgomp1-dbg libquadmath-dbg libmudflap0-dbg libstdc++6-4.6-doc
 cpp-4.6 g++-4.6 gcc-4.6 gcc-4.6-base libgcc1 libgomp1 libstdc++6
 libstdc++6-4.6-dev

After that I installed the debian-ports-archive-keyring, finished
the configuration of debconf, and had a working chroot.

Not sure what the deal with with debootstrap or really how to debug it.
Any suggestions?

Bill

--

Bill MacAllister
Infrastructure Delivery Group, Stanford University