Re: a few package dependency issues

On 18/02/12 04:34, Bob Tracy wrote:
> There have been libjpeg62 and libjpeg62-dev updates held back for many
> months due to dependency issues.

Yes, the libjpeg transition has been going on for some time now.

> In particular, when I tried
> "apt-get install libjpeg62 libjpeg62-dev" this morning to check the
> current status, I got the following proposed removals:
>
>   libcupsimage2-dev libdirectfb-dev libdjvulibre-dev libgd2-noxpm-dev
>   libmng-dev libtiff4-dev

Why are you trying to install libjpeg62?  Almost everything now depends
on libjpeg8.

What happens if you try to remove libjpeg62 and libjpeg62-dev?

Have you tried running 'apt-get autoremove' to allow apt to remove
unused cruft?

Cheers
Michael.