RE: Upgrading Sarge to Etch - failing to boot new kernel

Another option: Could you try "linux-image-2.6-alpha-legacy" instead of -generic? This uses another start address that may be needed for some machines and MILO. But as you have read from my prev message below, I don't think any kernel after 2.6.22 would work. As you are trying .18, you should have luck, but don’t upgrade to etchnhalf!

Uwe

-----
Uwe Schindler
H.-H.-Meier-Allee 63, D-28213 Bremen