cacao package issues

Anyone care to offer a few thoughts on the state of java on the alpha?

I had an old version of gcjwebplugin that worked fine with java == sablevm.
Then I made the fateful decision to try and update a working setup.  The
current gcjwebplugin needs either cacao or jamvm (gcjwebplugin calls
/usr/lib/classpath/gappletviewer, which needs one of /usr/bin/cacao or
/usr/bin/jamvm to do anything useful), so I flipped a coin and decided
to go with cacao.  The current cacao package for alpha is missing
/usr/bin/cacao, /usr/lib/cacao/*, /usr/share/cacao/*, and
/usr/share/man/man1/cacao.1.gz.  At least the first two components, and
probably the third, are necessary to allow gcjwebplugin to run.

I retrieved the Debian source package and attempted to roll my own
cacao.  The resulting binary package was missing the same components
noted above, but they were found in <package_dir>/debian/tmp following
the build.  Later today I'll get around to doing a bit of testing to see
if I've got a working setup.  In the meantime, I opened a bug against
cacao (503164) to report the probable packaging error.

Bob Tracy          |  "I was a beta tester for dirt.  They never did
rct@frus.com       |   get all the bugs out." - Steve McGrew on /.