Re: firefox-3.0.3 working on alphaev56

On Mon, Oct 20, 2008 at 10:35:10AM -0500, Bob Tracy wrote:
> I finished the "no debug, no optimization" build last night, but haven't
> had a chance to try it yet.

Well, crud...  I ended up with something that wasn't quite a debug
build, but wasn't quite "no debug" either.  A couple of shared libraries
needed by libxul.so were built, but not included in the installer
package.  Manually copying the libraries from the build hierarchy into
the root of the installed firefox solved the immediate problem, but I
got a segfault on invocation.  Frankly, I have no faith that the build
was clean, so I've restarted it after doing a "gmake -f client.mk
distclean".  I should have a followup progress report in about 20 hours.
Sorry for the delay, but the build takes the better part of 8 hours by
itself :-(.

Bob Tracy          |  "I was a beta tester for dirt.  They never did
rct@frus.com       |   get all the bugs out." - Steve McGrew on /.