Re: SCSI controllers and SRM

On Tue, Sep 30, 2008 at 07:50:14PM +0100, Simon Brown wrote:
> Evening all,
>
> I've bought an adaptec 39160 for my XP1000 as the qlogic controller was
> getting a bit flaky. It appears in show config, but no devices are
> listed in show devices. Do I need to set a magic variable, or have a
> bought the wrong card? SRM version:5.9-1

The firmware probably has no clue what an adapter card is.  It does know
what that specific qlogic card is.  Any firmware on the adaptec would be
x86 code, and hence of no use to the alpha.  I highly doubt you will be
able to boot from the adaptec, although once booted I think linux should
be able to use it just fine.

--
Len Sorensen