RE: [BUG] 2.6.23-rc3 won't boot on alpha (fwd)

> On Tue, Aug 21, 2007 at 12:22:00PM +0400, Alexander Kotelnikov wrote:
> > And here we have another patch
> >
> http://groups.google.com/group/linux.kernel/browse_thread/thread/1abcbf6f1
> b5a7b91/
>
> That's the same patch (and AFAICT, the same message).
>
> > which one is going to experimental/unstable?
>
> Neither.

And how will we boot 2.6.23 then???

The second question is: when we update aboot, how does the boot sectors on
discs are rewritten on installation? Because a simple "apt-get dist-upgrade"
would update the aboot binaries and install the new kernel. If the user
tries to reboot, he will crash... There should be some automatism that tries
to rewrite boot records on installation of the new aboot package!

Uwe