Re: aboot and the new binutils?

Tom Evans escribió:

I did notice via a google search that the gentoo/alpha port has been having issues
with aboot and newer kernels.

Nothing related with binutils or gcc4. The problem was the extensive use of kernel structures located under /usr/include/ by aboot. The kernel maintainers decided to make a headers clean up (aka sanitized headers) from userspace which broke aboot.

In this case, the errors would appear in compilation time. So I think this is not your problem.

Good luck.

--
Jose Luis Rivero [yoswink@gentoo.org]
Gentoo/Doc Gentoo/Alpha