Re: prctl on alpha

On Sat, Mar 10, 2007 at 11:15:47AM +0100, Uwe Schindler wrote:

> the recent debian kernels support prctl (for configuring unaligned
> accesses). It would be wonderful to have the corresponding package build for
> alpha, too. According to the changelog
> (http://packages.debian.org/changelogs/pool/main/p/prctl/prctl_1.5-1/changel
> og , this version is in testing!) it is now available for ANY architecture.
> But until now it only builds for hppa and ia64.

> Where is the problem and could it be enabled for etch (is this a missing
> configuration in build)?

The package is still listed in Packages-arch-specific[1] as only belonging
on hppa and ia64.

Lamont, could you please add alpha to the list of supported archs for prctl?
The Debian kernels have supported the prctl interfaces on alpha since
version 2.6.18-3.

Thanks,

http://buildd.debian.org/quinn-diff/Packages-arch-specific