Re: testing boot cd iso?

On Wed, Jun 07, 2006 at 10:42:11AM +0200, Emmanuel Kasper wrote:

> I tryed a netboot install CD one month ago and it booted, both with
> aboot options 0 and 1, ( serial console and VGA output )
> The box was a DS10

I've just tried the image dated 6/7/06 on three boxes:

	DS15
	DS20e
	DS10

and had failures on ALL... :-(

DS15 hangs (early) during boot of the kernel after the RTC message.
I suspect this to be caused by the 2.6.15-based kernel not having
all the appropriate patches for the TITANs, but will investigate
further...

Both DS20 and DS10 get to the installer, but result in:

	"No kernel modules found..."

The CD is mounted and accessible, the SCSI disks are found, many
modules have been loaded. I think it's at the point where it needs the
NIC drivers, and doesn't seem able to find them on the CD...

 --Jay++

Jay A Estabrook                            HPTC - XC I & B
Hewlett-Packard Company - ZKO1-3/D-B.8     (603) 884-0301
110 Spit Brook Road, Nashua NH 03062       Jay.Estabrook@hp.com