Re: Requalification of Alpha for etch

On Sat, Oct 08, 2005 at 09:06:53PM +0200, Thimo Neubauer wrote:
> > * There needs to be another buildd. There have been numerous offers in
> >   the past. I have no idea what to do to actually make it happen.
>
> The problem, I guess, is more the hosting in a place with an
> Alpha-knowledgable local admin than the machines. A good example is
> faure and lully: the local admin doesn't know SRM and therefore faure
> vanished a long while ago after a new kernel had to be installed...

I would volunteer to help out with these sorts of things.  I believe
SRM can work as a serial console, yes?  All it really needs then is
some way to hook up to that console.  I'm not an SRM expert, but I
figured it out well enough to convert my own Alpha from AlphaBIOS to
SRM, and keep it booting ;-)