Re: Root-raid

Pekka <teukka@bluebone.org> writes:

> Hi
>
> I'v tried many times to set up root raid to my AlphaServer es40 with
> no succes.

Have you tried sarge? The Debian-Installer should let you create a
root raid provided you have a seperate /boot partition. For raid1 you
can get rid of that later and reuse the partition as swap or
something.

Since all Debian kernels boot with initrd the partition type for the
raid is unimportant. Kernel autodetection does not work at all with
modules and the raid has to be (and is) started from userspace in the
initrd.

MfG
        Goswin