Re: Request for help: unaligned trap

This type of messages is nothing bad on alpha. The problem is here that the clamd program tries to access variables that are not proper aligned (can happen in a struct). Alpha CPU for example cannot read 32 bit values that are not aligned at a 4 byte boundary or similar things with other datatypes. The kernel fixes this by doing some workaround read/writes and prints this message. The only problem with this: it is very slow, programs that have this problems very often, run very slowly.

This happens often when programming in C++ as I know.