Re: No more Debian/Alpha?

On 19 Mar 2005, at 10:44 am, Steve Langasek wrote:
The current live buildd is a DS20E EV68 833MHz with 4GB RAM (disk unknown).
The failed buildd is a Dual Alpha EV6 666MHz with 512MB RAM and 33GB of
disk.  Replacement buildds for alpha should be of comparable or greater
specs; escher, which is known to *not* be able to keep up with the unstable
package queue, is an SX164 533.

Sadly, I won't be able to donate our 32 CPU 1GHz EV67 GS320 with 192 GB of RAM, which should have been able to cope quite nicely. :-) [ As an aside, that machine is for sale - contact me off list if interested, and I'll notify the relevant powers at work ]

A quad-CPU ES40 for Debian is not beyond the realms of possibility though; we've got a fair number of those coming up for technology refresh.

All someone needs to do is point me at the right people to co-ordinate
with, and a set of instructions.

Currently, there is no set of public instructions/requirements for new
buildds. Since historically the acceptance rate of new buildd offers is
fairly low (often because they're unsuitable for one reason or another
AIUI), I don't think there's much sense in sending individual offers to the buildd maintainers until there is some kind of a checklist that people can
check against beforehand.

Indeed.  Maybe I should just wait.  :-)

Tim

--
Dr Tim Cutts
Informatics Systems Group, Wellcome Trust Sanger Institute