Re: FTBFS gnugk 2:2.2.1-4 on alpha

Hi Kilian,

On Sat, Mar 12, 2005 at 09:09:04PM +0100, Kilian Krause wrote:
> i've come to find a large problem debugging the FTBFS listed in
> http://buildd.debian.org/fetch.php?&pkg=gnugk&ver=2%
> 3A2.2.1-4&arch=alpha&stamp=1110438256&file=log&as=raw

> Quite apparently i have neither a gdb backtrace (Cannot access memory at
> address 0x202dbae000000000) nor a serious strace output
> (http://backend.verfaction.de/~kk/gnugk.strace) to hand in. The only
> guess i have so far is that either the dynlinker or gcc output code is
> broken in latest SID. As i have no idea about where to start digging for
> the issue causing this within the gcc-internals or glibc-changes, i'd
> welcome a guiding light on how to get this solved.

> As this seems be the only blocker for the pkg-voip packages to proceed
> into Sarge, we'd be quite relieved to see this solved. Whoever has a
> proposal what to try or which patch to add, i'm all ears.

Well, I'm pleased to see this package does use -Wall, and builds cleanly --
but I also see that it's building with -Os, which should not be used in
Debian packages.  Any chance changing that to -O2 helps (in which case,
there's a compiler bug, but only in a feature you shouldn't be using)?

I'll grab the sources and see what I can find out on my alpha here.

Cheers,
--
Steve Langasek
postmodern programmer