Re: Kernel upgrade

Padiyath Sreekumaran wrote:
  Hello,
   I am new to Linux. I just installed Debian Linux on a
Digital Personal WorkStation 433au. My kernel version is
 #uname -a
Linux lnsa14 2.2.20 #2

   I want to upgrade the kernel to the latest version. How I have to
proceed?
   From where I can get the kernel for upgrade? What commands I have to
execute?
   Whether I have to compile the kernel on my machine?

http://www.google.com/search?q=debian%20kernel%20upgrade
-> http://www.osnews.com/story.php?news_id=2949 aka "The Very Verbose Guide to Updating and Compiling Your Debian Kernel"

  Where I can get KDE, Mozilla for debian?

http://www.google.com/search?q=debian%20kde
 -> http://davidpashley.com/debian-kde/faq.html#id2801150

'apt-get install mozilla' I think, haven't tested though...

  Where I find a Fortran Compiler for debian? Is it possible to get HP
fortran?

http://www.google.com/search?q=debian%20alpha%20fortran
 -> http://alphalinux.org/archives/debian-alpha/July1999/0159.html

Don't mean to sound rude, but Google and the ability to do some reading are your friends, mmm-kay?

Jaska