Re: gclcvs_2.7.0-50

On Wed, Sep 14, 2005 at 10:19:49AM -0400, Camm Maguire wrote:
> Please requeue this package, as I cannot reproduce the autobuild
> failure in dchroot on escher.  If this still fails, I suspect a
> subarch specific gcc optimization on the autobuild machine (goedel).

Nothing has changed in the toolchain, though; is there really any reason to
think that rebuilding will give a different result than the first pass gave?

I can reproduce the failure on my alpha with an up-to-date sid.  My alpha is
the same class as escher, not goedel.

$ nm -u gcl-tk/tkl.o |grep __remq
                 U __remq
$ nm -D /lib/libc.so.6.1 |grep __remq
00000000000e0f20 T __remq
00000000000e10f0 T __remqu
$

I don't know how tkl.o is supposed to be loaded, since it's not a shared
library and does not include ELF dependency information; but if it's
supposed to be built in such a way that it has no undefined references to
glibc symbols, you'll presumably need to use different compile flags.

Also in the list of undefined symbols is:
                 U _setjmp

Cheers,