Re: prelink on sarge - busted machine

On Fri, 26 Nov 2004, Helge Kreutzmann wrote:

Several packages (e.g., glibc) have debug enabled. In fact, all packages should enable debug info, it is usually just stripped away.

Be nice to retain that information and package it into -debuginfo packages (as is done on some other distros).

To build a certain package with debug info, get the package (using
apt-get source), set DEB_BUILD_OPTIONS to nostrip, and rebuild.

Ok.

The prelink problem appears to due to problems with prelinking specific libraries, eg I can prelink libc-2.3.2.so without getting segfaults - i'll try track down which so(s) cause the problem when prelinked.

Greetings

       Helge

NB: Why do I not receive a copy of my posts? I cant tell if/when my mails make it through successfully, and unlike mailman lists, there is no subscriber settings page to change this behaviour. :(

regards,
--
Paul Jakma	paul@clubi.ie	paul@jakma.org	Key ID: 64A2FF6A
Fortune: