Re: MULTIA/UDB questions.

I thought this was caused by default runlevels?  Am I wrong here?

On Fri, 5 Nov 2004 12:11:42 +0100 (CET), Joakim Roubert <jokke@df.lth.se> wrote:

On Thu, 4 Nov 2004, Ted Letofsky wrote:

Also, I can't get the machine to NOT start a GUI.  When it boots, it
always loads the GUI and I'm not certain I understand linux/debian
sufficiently to know how to get the machine to ONLY start to a command
prompt...

I guess it runs xdm or gdm as a service; then you will get this behaviour.
/etc/init.d/xdm stop
/etc/init.d/gdm stop

If that's the thing that cause you problems, either uninstall those
packages, or simply remove the xdm/gdm entries in your /etc/rcX.d
directories where X is the runlevel.

(I know there is some GUI program to do this as well, but the way I see it
that is more complicated than doing it directly)

Regards,

/Joakim