Re: problems with 2.4.2x on alpha.

On the 5th of May 2004 at 09:55, Maciej Matysiak <phoner.debian#blah.pl> wrote:

>> This is the kernel image I use:
>> http://testoapina.tky.hut.fi/~jaska/kernel-image-2.6.5_1_alpha.deb .
> i'm confused. i've installed that kernel and it boots just fine. then i've
> tried to compile my own 2.6.5 using config file included in above package,
> changing only the tulip driver to generic dec driver (the former didn't
> recognize my ethernet card) and adding frame-buffer for my matox card, and
> it doesn't work.

ok, now i'm even more confused. i've literally copied the config from jaakko's
kernel compilation, not doing any modifications, and kernel compiled on my
alpha with that config doesn't work (the same problem with qlogic's init).
i have no idea what could cause that. hints anyone?

 m.m.
--
 use gnus, not guns!