Re: boot time order of scsi disks

On Wed, Nov 05, 2003 at 07:58:26PM +1100, Herbert Xu wrote:
> Andrew Maier <andrew@maier.name> wrote:
> >
> > What are my options? (BTW currently both scsi drivers are compiled into
> > the kernel).
>
> Compile aic7xxx as a module.

I had the same idea yesterday just after writing my mail. So I
compiled 2.4.23-pre9 and made aic7xxx a module. I now also remember
why I compiled it into the kernel before. During boot the card is not
detected. I have to modprobe by hand. Adding an "alias scsi_hostadapter
aic7xxx" to /etc/modules.conf does not help.

So, how do I get the card recogized at boot time?

Thanks,

	Andrew