Re: Rookie questions

On Tue, 4 Nov 2003 13:23:46 +0100, Roberto Bernetti wrote:

>In dselect you have to choose X windows too, it is the first item.
>The problems I encountered was with the Xfree86 driver, after some
>test I discovered that the rigth driver was "glint", my workstation
>has a glory synergy video card, , and if I remember well you have
>not to choose the frame-buffering mode.
>
>A 100% compatible soundblaster is present and has been installed
>using the "kernel module installer"

Thanks.  This brings up another problem.  Like I said, I've gone through this install quite a few times and am enjoying the practice, but only ONCE did the "x windows" choice in dselect appear.  It showed up above the "desktop" choice as I recall.  Once I spotted it I look for it in every install but it's never showed up again.  I don't know why.  Does anyone?

Is the sound card that came in the systems really soundblaster compatible?  I've been avoiding the sound issue until I get a good install of something.