Re: libc6 vs. libc6.1/testing rather strange (broken ?)

Hello Falk,
On Mon, Sep 29, 2003 at 06:50:59PM +0200, Falk Hueffner wrote:
> Helge Kreutzmann <kreutzm@itp.uni-hannover.de> writes:
> > Does this dependency have to read:
> > Depends: libc6 (>= 2.3.2-1) | libc6.1 (>= 2.3.2-1)
> >
> > Should I fill bugs against such packages?
>
> Yes. They should usually just use
>
> Depends: ${shlibs:Depends}
>
> or your version if they really need a specific libc version.

I filed a bug against dcraw. From my experience, several packages are
affected. Is there an easy way to find the packages affected, i.e. to
scan the control files? apt-cache will only report the final
dependencys. I'll check the ones I am aware of manualy first.

> > (I removed the versioned dependency in this case but have not yet
> > tried dcraw).
>
> BTW, are you trying to hook up a digital camera to your Alpha? I'd be
> interested in experiences :)

My previous digital camera, which I forgot in a train, worked fine as
USB-Storage; this one requires gphoto2, which I am in the process of
getting all parts (debian packages) and recompile them, since it is
impossible to get any serious compiled binary in testing for me right now.

Greetings

           Helge

--
Helge Kreutzmann, Dipl.-Phys.               Helge.Kreutzmann@itp.uni-hannover.de