Re: compiler errors: md needed for hardware raid?

On Wed, Jul 16, 2003 at 12:18:31PM +0200, Lars Oeschey wrote:
> Am Dienstag, 15. Juli 2003 16:37 schrieb Patrick Caulfield:
>
> > LVM works fine on Alpha, though personally I'm using LVM2 now :-)
> > Yes it wil do RAID0 without md. if you want RAID1 or RAID5 then you
> > need to set up md and /then/ LVM
>
> hm, I just wanted to remove md support from the kernel, but that
> deactivates LVM also...
> In xconfig it's under the option "Multi device support (Raid and LVM)",
> and when I remove the "Multiple devices driver support (RAID and LVM)",
> the option "LVM support" gets greyed out...

That's right "Multiple devices driver support (RAID and LVM)" is just a general
thing that covers md and LVM1, there's no actual code involved. To disable md
simply don't select any of the RAID options on that menu.

The options are only grouped together cos they do similar things, not because
they share code.

--

patrick