Re: compiler errors: md needed for hardware raid?

Am Dienstag, 15. Juli 2003 15:19 schrieb Falk Hueffner:

> Eek. That file uses multiline string literals, which is no longer
> accepted by gcc.
> You could just start each line within the asm argument with " and
> finish with \n\t".

uhoh...

> Software.

mh, ok... But I found that I need some kind of software raid, I have
several partitions on external cabinets (that old mylex controllers
support partitions only up to 32Gb) and I want to combine those to one
big drive.
I took a look ant md and LVM now, but what I didn't find is, does LVM
need md? or is it more of a replacement for it?
Cause then I could just use LVM...

Lars