Re: 2.4.21 on alpha

On Sun, 2003-06-29 23:35:14 -0700, Chris Hecker <checker@d6.com>
wrote in message <4.3.2.7.2.20030629233001.031190d8@localhost>:

> >Anyone else tried to run 2.4.21 on Alpha?
>
> I built (and run) 2.4.21 from kernel.org and it worked fine for me.  I
> haven't tried the unstable version.  I use a slightly wacky .config (legacy
> start address, my scsi driver built in because I can't use initrd, etc.)
> because I need to run MILO, but I've put it below anyway.

That's no bad setup at all! Personally, I don't like playing around with
initrds. I think these only complicate the picture unneccessarily.
Better, have some nice script to compile (perfectly fitting) kernels for
all your machines. Maybe kpkg can help you there (I don't like it...).

MfG, JBG

      ret = do_actions((curr | FREE_SPEECH) & ~(IRAQ_WAR_2 | DRM | TCPA));