ES18xx and IRQ problem

The latest version of alsa-driver (0.9.4) seems to have an IRQ problem on the
DEC version of the ES1888.  Any PCM stuff I tried to play would just result
in endless looping of the first bit of sound.

Checking /proc/interrupts and revealed that the interrupt counter for the
ES1888 would go to 4 upon loading the snd-es18xx module, and then remain
there.

Browsing through the source (es18xx.c), I discovered that, in the
snd_es18xx_interrupt routine, some alternative interrupt source determination
code (in the case of the chip not having a control port -- the only two of
which seem to be the ES1887 and ES1888) was '#if 0'ed out.

I re-enabled this code (and disabling the snd_es18xx_mixer_read source based
code) and the driver now works fine on my Alpha box.

Maybe someone more knowledgable then me could make some comment of relevance
here?

Later -T

PS:  Very clean code layout in the alsa drivers guys and gals (or at least the
es18xx driver -- I haven't looked at the rest *grin*).  I'm impressed.  Great
job!

PPS:  The alternative code seems to handle the mixer as well (or, at least, I
can still change my mixer settings and hear the results). :-)

--
 Tyson Whitehead  (-twhitehe@uwo.ca -- WSC-)
 Computer Engineer                        Dept. of Applied Mathematics,