SRM booting issue was: Re: xp1000 problems with upgrade to 2.4.18-generic

So far so good. I have not had time to check X yet, but will see later. As for booting and getting it back on the LAN, the 'modconf' script worked very well, thanks Adrian. Now, booting with SRM and having Debian automatically come up is my only issue. As it is, I have to tell aboot that my image file is 'initrd.img' and then type '0' to have it boot up. I have read the SRM howto and the Alpha howto and am still a bit hazy on getting this. Oh, I am not booting any other OS on this machine.

my /etc/aboot.conf is one line:
0:1/vmlinuz ro root=/dev/sda1

Regards,

KeithG

Wm. Josiah Erikson wrote:
Keith,
	Do a "modprobe -l" as root to see what modules are available, then
"modprobe <modulename>" to insert it. Then add that module name to the
file /etc/modules if you want it to get inserted on boot automatically.
	The stock video card that came with the XP1000 might be
unsupported - it depends. There were a couple of different cards that came
with that machine, depending on configuration. I had to replace mine. I
just put in a Matrox Millennium MGA and things work perfectly. To
re-setup the X server, do "dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xfree86"
	-Josiah