Re: Setting up kernel 2.4

Dear Vittorio

On 26 Mar 2003 07:13:02 -0000
vdemart@supereva.it wrote:

> have been using initrd at boot time as only hinted by apt-get during kernel installation.

If you are booting from SRM Console with aboot, do the following:

Add
	initrd=/initrd.img
in your
	/etc/aboot.conf
Just put it at the end of the entry you wish to boot. Read the aboot
mampages before (man aboot.conf). Check the link /initrd.img exists and
points to your inird-image-for-your-kernel in /boot (this is normally
done by the Debian package installer). Since I can't access my alpha now,
it might be a little different, but the man pages will be certainly
correct...:-)

Regards, Adrian.