[solved] seti@home for alpha

Thank you to all who responded.  I have the client running now on my LX/533mhz
and it runs like a champ (with the -nolock option set.)  Just so everyone
knows, I did check the seti@home site first, but was unsure of running the
binary before I checked with people first.

Thanks also to those who pointed me to an archive of axp-list.

The scary part is, this 533mhz machine is FASTER than my dual P3 866's (the
windows client seems fully multithreaded, but the alpha is just barely
faster) and is nearly as fast as my athlon xp 2100+!  There must be a lot of
floating point operations !!!

It seems I've discovered (for the first time since purchasing this machine) a
program that really lets the alpha shine.  The process is "niced" to 10, so I
still can write email and do things I need to do.

The alpha community is by far the kindest and most tolerant of the mailing
lists I have seen.  Thanks again for lending a hand!

Ted