Re: booting challenges with lx164

Your "starting place" looks like a line from /etc/aboot.conf which
is not applicable.  The following two are equivalent, and say to
go to SCSI device id 0, partition 1 to load the file /boot/vmlinux.
Further, special file /dev/sda1 is the device to mount.  My "dka0"
comes from the "show dev" command listing.  Your devs may vary.
The second version is preferred as the variable values are saved
between power cycles, and so only need be entered once.

-Martin