Re: [Fwd: shelves configuration on 2100 + DAC960 ?]

Le mer 30/07/2003 à 23:38, Jan Baumgarten a écrit :

Ok th rebuild was ok...

> For some reason Debian doesn't have the needed device files. You have to
> create them manually with mknod. Open an console and create /dev/rd
>
> Now you need to create the special device files with mknod in rd
>
> mknod b c0d0 48 0	for the first virtual disk on your DAC960
> mknod b c0d0p1 48 1	for the first partition on the first disk
> mknod b c0d0p2 48 2	for the second partition on the second disk
> .
> .
> .
> mknod b c0d0p7 48 7 	seventh partition on the first disk.
> mknod b c0d1 48 8	second disk on the first controller
> mknod b c0d1p1 48 9	first partition on the second disk

I've made a little script that create the devices:

but I'am still unable to partition anything.
when I do:
# fdisk /dev/rd/c0d0
I got a "Unable to open /dev/rd/c0d0" !
# ls -al /dev/rd/s0d0 says:
brw-rw---- 1 root disk 48, 0 Jul 31 15:46 /dev/rd/c0d0

I am a bit deconcerted... So if you have any suggestion ?
better script or something that works...

Thanks Pierre.

ps: the bash script...
<bash>
#!/bin/sh
# Script de création des raid devices associés au DAC960
# PBo: 31-07-2003 ###############################

for c in 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
do
	i=0
	for d in 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7