Re: Lots of D processes

On Wed, Apr 30, 2003 at 10:51:13PM +1000, Craig Small wrote:
> Hello,
>   I'm getting a fair few proccesses that get stuck at state D.  I've
> moved some stuff around on drives and assume it is to do with that.

I did some changing around, now have a few more processes stuck.

$ps xwo pid,stat,command,wchan | grep ' D'
    6 DW   [kupdated]       wait_on_buffer
 1892 D    sshd: csmall [pr lock_page
 2417 D    sshd: csmall [pr lock_page
 2524 D    sync             wait_on_buffer
21654 D    grep upsmon /var lock_wait

So kupdated and sync are waiting on a buffer and I think grep and sshd's
problem is that they're waiting for kupdated to get its act together.

Any idea why wait_on_buffer is not returning?

--
Craig Small VK2XLZ  GnuPG:1C1B D893 1418 2AF4 45EE  95CB C76C E5AC 12CA DFA5
Eye-Net Consulting http://www.enc.com.au/                <csmall@enc.com.au>