Re: Gentoo Linux realeased on Alpha

I wouldnt consider that a port of their distro.  More like a port of
their stage1 tarball.  I installed it on my alpha.  Once you are done
the install, thats it, thats as far as that goes.  Fat chance installing
anything useful.  I wasnt able to install anything until i manually
unmasked all the packages (which did not include "alpha" for supported
archs).  But even then Mozilla didnt build.

I dont mean to be mean towards Gentoo, but i think they jumped the gun
on that one.

Richard Fillion
rick@rhix.ods.org