Re: mozilla + 3.0

At 05:15 25/07/2002, Peter Watkinson sent this up the stick:
Hi,

I installed Debian woody about 2 months ago. Everything seems OK except
Mozilla bombs out on some websites and then loses all of it's bookmarks. Is
it stable on 3.0? Also is there an easy way to upgrade to 3.0 from woody?
using apt-get?

apt can now do cool things like version "pinning" - where you specify a sort of base level, and then put various version in your /etc/apt/sources.list. You can also specify what release you want apt to use by name, rather than version (woody rather than stable) ... it saves a lot of messing about when a version moved from testing to stable)

My /etc/apt/sources.list looks like this:

# Since apt can now use multiple distributions, we'll
# name them in this file along with the distro we are running

# Uncomment if you want the apt-get source function to work
deb-src http://ftp.au.debian.org/debian woody main contrib non-free
deb-src http://non-us.debian.org/debian-non-US woody non-US

# Source listing for the testing distro
deb-src http://ftp.au.debian.org/debian sarge main contrib non-free
deb-src http://non-us.debian.org/debian-non-US sarge non-US

# We'll use woody as our main distro
deb http://ftp.au.debian.org/debian/ woody main non-free contrib
deb-src http://ftp.au.debian.org/debian/ woody main non-free contrib
deb http://non-us.debian.org/debian-non-US woody/non-US main contrib non-free
deb-src http://non-us.debian.org/debian-non-US woody/non-US main contrib non-free

# more config lines for the testing distro
#deb http://ftp.au.debian.org/debian/ sarge main non-free contrib
#deb-src http://ftp.au.debian.org/debian/ sarge main non-free contrib
#deb http://non-us.debian.org/debian-non-US sarge/non-US main contrib non-free
#deb-src http://non-us.debian.org/debian-non-US sarge/non-US main contrib non-free

I have pinned apt to woody by putting the line

  APT::Default-Release "stable";

into /etc/apt/apt.conf

Have a look at the apt howto on the debian site

Cheers,
Rob