Re: Replace Avanti processor w/ Cabriolet?

> On May 17, Jay Estabrook illuminated :

> 3. if cooling would be adequate for a hotter CPU

*shrug*  the faster cpu is likely to have a bigger heatsink, and the fan
that sits in front of the CPU is thermally controlled.
I have a friend who has a 300MHZ Alphastation 255 (avanti) and it runs
okay, compared to my 233MHz one.
actually, what sort of *box* is this avanti board in?
the alphastations have the jumper settings for cpu speed on the CD-ROm
holder, which makes it kinda easy.

./jp
--
Jean-Paul Blaquiere             ||   Avatar of Computational
   japester@ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au   ||   Thaumaturgy