Spam blocks (was Re: whats up?)

Hi,

>There is an ethical problem with the new MAPS fee structure, however.  One
>of our local LUG members runs an ISP which heavily supports Linux.  He
>contributed heavily to the black-hole lists, and now is being forced to
>pay for his own work if he wishes to use it.

That's not a nice policy. Is there another blacklist which returns a
few bucks when one makes contributions?

>As much as the lists are a good thing, and they have made allowances for
>individuals, educational institutions, and non-profit org's to have
>discounts, they are still profiting from other's work without
>compensation.

ACK

>I would urge that some of the other options be researched, besides it
>would simplify things to keep money out of it on a free and open list such
>as these.

Setting up our own blacklist is not an easy task, but writing some procmail
reciepts which deal with ordinary spam should be managable, IMHO.

CU,
Uli
--
Dipl. Inf. Ulrich Teichert|e-mail: Ulrich.Teichert@gmx.de
Stormweg 24               |listening to:Something Good To Go By(The Decibels)