Re: whats up? 511577428

  Since we still have this spam problem (how much does the black hole
list cost anyway?) and most spammers seem to use html in their
mailings, could we simply implement a filter which kills any mail to
the list which contains "<a href.*>.*</a>" (case insensitive)?
  Of course there may be some legitimate reason to write html code to
the list, but how big a chance would there be of killing legitimate
mail?
  How about looking at the recipient list: if there are more than,
say, five recipients, then kill the mail. The only case where a mail
should have that many recipients would seem to be a reply to all to a
cross-posted mail, which is evil anyway.
  Just some thoughts since I am totally fed up with all the spam I get
nowadays: debian.org stopped using black hole list and our university
stopped, too (same reason)! So now I get spam from both the lists and
otherwise.

		| Juha Jäykkä, juolja@utu.fi			|
		| home: http://www.utu.fi/~juolja/		|