Re: v2.4.14 kernel on Alpha: sound is not working

James

I have PW433/600au (Miata) personal workstations running RH7.1 with kernel
2.4.3.  These have sound blaster compatible sound built in.  In RH, as root, I
ran sndconfig.  I can't remember the settings, but by trial and error, I found a
combination that worked in less than 10 minutes.  I think I chose SB AWE and then
played around with the dma/irq settings.  You'll have to experiment.  Works
great!

Terry