Re: Mach64 cards work with SX164 and Debian - Only kernel 2.4 makes trouble

Hello,

that's funny that you talk about the loop device: I wanted to have it
(simply because I often use it), but the kernel compilation crashed on an
error about this function deactivate_page. After having deleted the two
calls to this function, as you told me, I could successfully compile the
2.4.14 kernel with loop device support.

Unfortunally, this changes nothing for the X server. Maybe you did not
expect it would?

> Also, could you post the log generated by the Xserver when it starts up,
> both under 2.2.18 and 2.4.14?

I joined them as an attachment.

Yours,

Fabrice Haberer-Proust