RE: aptitude on alpha (again, sigh)

98 times out of 100, Floating Point Exception errors on Alpha are caused
by either an uninitialized floating point variable (that happens to have
random garbage in it) being used in a calculation, or a floating point
"divide by zero" operation. Those are plain and simple program bugs and
using the IEEE compiler switches just masks the real problem.

Jeff Donsbach