Re: JRE won't work as my cpml_ev5.so is zero size :-(

Hi,

On Sun, 4 Nov 2001, Mike Lake wrote:

> I found the FAQ on Compaq which said to rm the .so file and create it
> thus:
> ld -shared -o libcpml_ev5.so -soname libcpml.so \
>                 -whole-archive libcpml_ev5.a -no-whole-archive -lots
>              strip libcpml_ev5.so
>
> but there is no command option -lots strip (or similar) in ld's man
> page.
>
> What should be that last option to ld?

'-lots' links against libots, which provides a number of mathematical
functions (IIRC). You can get it from Compaq, too.
'strip libcpml_ev5.so' is actually intended to be a separate command that
removes the symbols from the shared library, to reduce the amount of space
it needs in memory and on the harddisk.

Hope this helps,

llap,
 Christoph