Re: aptitude on alpha (again, sigh)

Christopher C. Chimelis wrote:

On Thu, 1 Nov 2001, Daniel Burrows wrote:

 Can anyone reproduce/hunt down 114270?  I can't reproduce it (I think
it's probably Alpha specific), and I don't really have much of an idea
where it could be.  I haven't gotten any other reports of this, which
makes me wonder if maybe it could be the reporter's system.

It's an Alpha thing.  I started looking into this bug a few weeks ago, but
got busy with other things.  One thing I do know that needs to be done is
adding "-mieee" to CFLAGS and CXXFLAGS on Alpha.  It would probably be
best to add this into the autoconf parts of the package rather than the
rules script (which is how I was experimenting with it).

Just FYI, my autoconf macro which does this:

AC_CHECKING([whether -mieee is needed to avoid SIGFPE on divide by zero])
case $build/$CC in
   alpha*/gcc* )
   build_gcc_alpha=yes
   AC_MSG_RESULT([yes, will be used for libpetscgraphics])
   ;;
   * )
   build_gcc_alpha=no
   AC_MSG_RESULT([not needed])
   ;;
esac
AM_CONDITIONAL(GCC_ALPHA, test x$build_gcc_alpha != xno)

Zeen,
--

-Adam P.

Welcome to the best software in the world today cafe! <http://lyre.mit.edu/%7Epowell/The_Best_Stuff_In_The_World_Today_Cafe.ogg>