Re: Need Advice on System RAM

Donald R. Spoon wrote:
Hello All.

Questions:

1.  Is the "quality" issue really valid today?

Difficult. I can't comment on that.

2.  Will 256 Megs make my machine happy and quit using swap space
anytime I look at it?  As a side question, will I see significant
difference between 128 Megs and 256 Megs in performance?

I would definitely go for 256 Megs. My home Alpha
has 128 MB, and that's still not sufficient in many
situations (neither using Mozilla nor KDE on that
machine).

I didn't upgrade it so far because I would need
eight identical true parity PS/2 sticks to do so ...

Regards,
Stefan Schroepfer